The steps here will detail the process of exporting a user’s Office 365 Exchange Online mailbox as a PST file.
Note: The ability to export the results of an eDiscovery search is an E3 feature.
- Login into the Exchange Admin Center at https://outlook.office365.com/ecp
- Under “compliance management” select the “in-place eDiscovery & hold” tab and click the plus icon to create a new search rule
- Complete the “Name”and “Description” fields and click Next
- Make sure “Specify mailboxes to search” is select and use the plus icon to search add the mailbox you wish to export and click Next
- On the “Search query” screen you can specify criteria to only extract emails meeting certain date ranges or other criteria, or jut click Next if you want to export the whole mailbox.
- On the “In-Place Hold settings” click Finish and wait for the search to be completed
- Once back on the “in-place eDiscovery & hold” screen use the download icon to download the results of the search as a PST file.