Recently I noticed that one of my Deployment Management items holding Microsoft software updates had a little greyed out icon
After a little digging I found that this icon meant that that the Deployment Management item contained Expired updates.
Regularly you need to clear out the expired updates from your Deployment Management items.
- Open the System Center Configuration Manager console
- Expand Software Updates => Deployment Management => Greyed out item => Software Updates
- Make sure Software Updates is selected
- Open the View menu and select Add/Remove Columns
- Add Expired to the Displayed Columns on the right and select OK
- Order the Software Updates by the Expired column and select all of the updates which have expired set the Yes
- Right-Click and select delete
- If you now Right-Click you’re greyed out Deployment Management item and select Refresh, the icon should change to the normal green one.