When opening the Unity project for my Binary Blitz game for the first time in over a year and on a new computer. I was greeted by the following errors
error CS0103: The name ‘GooglePlay Tangle’ does not exist in the current context
error CS0103: The name ‘Apple Tangle’ does not exist in the current context
The errors are related to the In-App purchasing system used by the game to allow people to pay to remove the ads.
The solution took me a little while to work out, so hopefully the following will be of use.
- Open a web browser and visit http://play.google.com
- Select the affected project
- On the bottom left click Monetization setup
- Copy Base64 license key
- With your affected Unity project open
- In the menu bar click Services => In-App Purchasing => Receipt Validation Obfuscator
- Paste in the previously copied monetization license key
- Click the Obfuscate Google Play License Key button. This will create/recreate the tangle classes in your Unity project